zondag 19 mei 2019

Never too late to start with X-Wing

My starting collection
I never played X-Wing 1.0 as it didn't really appeal to me. I like the hobby aspect of miniature wargaming, painting miniatures and building scenery and with X-wing you only need to buy the models to play the game.
Over the years I heard some of the X-Wing players at the gaming club complain about the power creep. You had to keep buying more models to stay competitive.
But then at about the same time as I started playing Legion the X-Wing 2.0 edition was released. I still didn't play it but because I had so much fun playing Star Wars Legion I got used to the Fantasy Flight Games tokens, cards and dice. I like Legion a lot and I really enjoy playing but games tend to take quite long and you have to set up a lot of scenery. With X-wing you lay down your mat and off you go..

So I finally bought some X-Wing. Quicker games and a bigger tournament scene in my area will hopefully bring me some good games. I bought the 2.0 core box and an extra Tie Advanced and T-65 to get things going. I have read the rules, Sleeved all the cards, put all the tokens in boxes and had my first test flight in a basic game against my wife. (she thought it was fun).

I need to get the hang of it and see who I can play in my area. Meanwhile I will look online how to expand my knowledge and fleet a bit but I want to keep it quite small. Maybe get another core box, some shiny tokens and range rulers and stuff like that. ohh those separatist look good too....

So far so good...


2 opmerkingen:

Let me know what you think....